- Moderate to vigorous physical activity translates into a 45% lower risk of dementia
- Regular tea drinkers hold onto more brain power, slowing age-related declines by up to 37% (Drs Mehmet Oz & Mike Roizen)
- Laughter boosts the immune system, decreasing stress hormones and increasing immune cells & infection-fighting antibodies, improving resistance to disease
- Laughter protects the heart. it improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow. This can help protect against heart attacks
- Research from Austria shows that listening to music can help patients with chronic back pain. Listening to music on a regular basis helps our bodies relax physically and mentally, thus helping to relieve and prevent back pain. (Read more: here)
- Listening to music can improve your workout (couldn’t agree more!) Scientists claim it can increase your endurance, boost your mood and can distract you from any discomfort experienced during your workout.
- During sleep you can strengthen memories or “practice” skills learned while you were awake (it’s a process called consolidation)
- In a 2010 study of women ages 50 to 79, more deaths occurred in women who got less than five hours or more than six and a half hours of sleep per night (Read more: here)
- Ursolic acid (found in apple skin) ups muscle and brown fat, which boosts calorie burning (lead researcher Christopher Adams, MD)
- The following fruit can potentially help with weight loss:Bergamot oranges: Studies show that compounds in the fruit may decrease cholesterol. Blueberries: This may reduce belly fat by affecting fat burning and storage genes. Pears: They’re high in flavonoids and catechins, antioxidants that help women ward off weight gain (Want To Shed Weight?)
Amazing stuff and well worth knowing if you really want to maximize your healthy lifestyle… Enjoy!